Let’s keep this one short and sweet since it’s to be linked to the homemade marshmallow post I’ll be putting out the same time as this recipe.
Long and the short, Robert loves chocolate. I plan on dedicating more than one blog post to this intense and pure love. Today is not the day. Just know that my goal is to create as rich and decadent hot chocolate beverage as possible, then smother it in marshmallows and die happy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 Cups Milk (we use whole)
- 1/3 Cup Granulated sugar
- 5 Teaspoons grated baker’s chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch o’ salt
- Scald your milk. Scalding is heating your milk to just below boiling. Don’t let it boil. Boiled milk tastes funny.
- Mix all the other stuff in. Stir it real good.
- You’re done.
- That’s it.
- You did it
- A+, my friend.
- Put on equal parts marshmallow to hot chocolate.
- If you love chocolate as Robert does, top with chocolate syrup.
This recipe is based off the brilliant version from Gimme Some Oven.
Note: If you chose to use cocoa powder that’s fine, but you’ll have to decrease the amount pretty significantly. Add it slowly, whisking all the way.